The Radstock Co-operative Society started trading in 1868 on the site that is now our head office in Radstock.
The Society originally started to meet the needs of the local mining community and throughout the years, via many locations and through different ventures boasted it’s very own horse and trap that delivered groceries as well as it’s own slaughter house, bottling plant and milk round.
The back door of the Radstock store used to be the site of the old dairy, and the store itself the old vicarage!
The Society evolved along with the Radstock community and purchased both Hardington Farm and the convenience stores in the early and mid 1900’s.
The Radstock store although always owned by the Society opened its doors with all departments under one roof in 1979 and remains a landmark in the Radstock town centre today.
We aim to be the best community retailer, growing the business for the future, considering co-operative principles in everything we do.